This page is archived and no longer maintained. For updates click here.


Thursday, March 07, 2013

Call of the Northland - ETA: Unknown

This week, the Ontario Auditor General agreed to look into the divestment of the Ontario Northland Transporation Commission.  The report is expected to be released this fall.  As such, I have decided to suspend the deadline for the release of Call of the Northland.

When I started this project, I was planning to chronicle my trip on the Northlander in April 2012.  However, I soon realised that the divestment was a far more important subject and it has become the focus of the book, with my trip forming a backdrop to the political events.  I had initially wanted to release the book in September 2013 to coincide with the one-year anniversary of the Northlander's last run, but the Auditor General's report is too important to ignore.  Likewise, the divestment process, whether it is halted or carries on, shows no sign of stopping any time soon.

I have always wanted this to be a good book that does justice to the subject and that must come before any deadline.

Rest assured, I do intend to publish Call of the Northland, but only when the story has an ending.

Until then, I will continue to write, rewrite, scrutinise and follow the events as they unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment