This page is archived and no longer maintained. For updates click here.


Thursday, February 21, 2013

ONTC: The Wellar Reports

I have a confession to make: I had never heard of Dr. Barry Wellar until this morning.  For this, I will hang my head in shame.*  However, now that I have been made aware of his work, I have a treasure trove of material to increase the depth of the research for Call of the Northland.

Barry Wellar is a retired Professor of Geography at the University of Ottawa and he is working with Transport Action Canada to investigate the decision to end the Northlander and the wider ONTC issue.  Given the public nature of the ONTC issue, his work is being made available online on his website (most recent reports are further down the list).

It is a wonderful treasure trove of information on the workings of the decision and I will be spending much time going through it - eventually.  I must admit that it is rather difficult to research the ONTC from half-way around the world while also pursuing full-time study.  Sadly, the same goes for revising the book as a whole.  I am increasingly thinking that the release date will be pushed back, but that can only improve the book.  I will have my work cut out for me when I am next in Canada!

I look forward to seeing the next releases from the ongoing investigation.

*In my defence, I am 3600 miles from Ontario.

No comments:

Post a Comment