This page is archived and no longer maintained. For updates click here.


Saturday, January 05, 2013

First for 2013

I am in the UK.  No snow here and much warmer than in Canada, albeit damp.

I visited the National Railway Museum in York to see if anything had changed since I was last there a year ago.  Overall, the collection is the same but some pieces have been moved.  The Station Hall is being filled with little details that help to illustrate the non-rolling stock part of railway history.  Over in The Works, Flying Scotsman is still being restored and Dwight D. Eisenhower is also there after its trip from Wisconsin.

While I am still thinking of railways in North American scales, here is a photo of the largest locomotive in the NRM's collection, Chinese Government Railways KF Class No. 7.  It is truly immense, even when you are used to autoracks and double-stack trains!



Final Thought:
There is an interesting photograph on page 10 of the February 2013 Railway Magazine, I'm sure I've heard of the photographer somewhere before...

No comments:

Post a Comment