This page is archived and no longer maintained. For updates click here.


Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Northlander is Gone

Yesterday, hundreds of people across Ontario came out to say their goodbyes to the Northlander.  I was fortunate enough to have arranged to meet the ONR staff in Toronto and to photograph the last northbound train leaving from the platforms at Union Station.  There was a large media presence, and a police one too.  I am glad to see the media paid attention, but I wonder where they were back in March?

In the evening, I photographed the southbound Northlander set against the Toronto skyline.  In time, I will be posting photographs of this historic, but sad, day in Ontario's railway history.

For now, here is a round-up of some of the media coverage of the end of the Northlander.

No doubt more stories and commentary will appear in the coming days.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment